This online bundle includes access to all Lower Limb Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation and Upper Limb Shoulder Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation courses.
With completion of this ESSA approved course you will receive a certificate and 16 CPD points.
Upper Limb Shoulder Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation is a 5 module course providing a comprehensive review of upper limb shoulder pathologies commonly seen in the Exercise Physiology setting.
Lower Limb Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation course will provide you with a comprehensive review of common lower limb musculoskeletal pathologies with the latest evidence-based research, epidemiology, aetiology/risk factors, rehabilitation exercise progressions and performance exit criteria for each pathology area.
This package includes access to the following online learning modules:
Course 1: Online Lower Limb Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation (4 Modules 8CPD Points)
1. Tendinopathies: Tendon pathophysiology and the continuum model, tendon loading principles and management strategies; Patella, Proximal Hamstring, Gluteal, Achilles
2. Soft Tissue Injuries: Muscle injury classification models, pathobiology, clinical practice guidelines for acute management, healing mechanisms and optimal loading strategies: Groin/Adductor, Hamstring, Quadricep, Calf
3. Bone Stress Injuries: Bone stress injuries (BSI) in sport, review risk classification (high, medium, low), pathophysiology, the BSI continuum model, review of risk factors including; female athlete triad, RedS and low energy availability and review treatment and management strategies: Femoral Neck, Tibial, Metatarsal
4. Injuries to the Hip, Knee and Ankle: Review common pathologies including; Femoral Acetabular Impingement, Hip & Knee Osteoarthritis, Medial Collateral Ligament injuries, Patellar Femoral Pain Syndrome, and Ankle Sprain/Chronic Ankle Instability. This module will also review in detail Anterior Cruciate Ligament injuries and surgical vs non-surgical rehabilitation considerations
Course 2: Online Upper Limb Shoulder Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation (5 Modules 8CPD Points)
1. Shoulder & Upper Limb Anatomy & Biomechanics: Glenohumeral, RC, Scapular Anatomy, GHJ Kinematics, Arthrokinematics & Scapular Biomechanics
2a) Principles of Shoulder Pathology, Treatment & Management: RC Pathology, Labral & LHBT pathology, AC Joint, Bursitis/Impingement, Neuropathic & Central Sensitisation, OA, Adhesive Capsulitis, Fractures and Shoulder Instability
2b) Shoulder Injury Management: Surgical vs Conservative Management
3. Clinical Patient Populations (Overhead Athletes): Baseball, Softball, Swimmers, Rowing, Tennis etc, Gym Based Athletes, General Populations and Workers in Physical Jobs
4. Shoulder Load Management: External & Internal Loads, Acute:Chronic Workload education, Workload monitoring and education/recommendations
5a) Exercise Physiology Assessment & Consultations: Subjective and objecting testing, Imaging, Assessing personality type, capacity and developing a rehabilitation plan
5 b) Exercise Prescription, Rehabilitation & Injury Prevention: Including Early Stage, Isometric, Strength, Power, Speed and graded RTS prescription, RTS testing and assessments (with video exercise demonstrations)
The learning modules for the lower limb course are also available separately.
The course has been designed, written, and reviewed by current practicing Accredited Exercise Physiologists and Strength & Conditioning coaches working in both private practice musculoskeletal sports clinics & elite level sporting teams.
All presented information, evidence-based advice and recommendations has been sourced from highly respected clinical allied health professionals and resources. All information is clinically relevant and up to date specifically to allow for quick implementation for your clients.
Very useful for the clinical setting
Great course, exactly what I was looking for! The presenter speaks very quickly - I had to pause a few times, and will be looking back at a couple of slides 🙂
Comprehensive Bundle worth spending, and to further develop your learning.
Comprehensive overview of important topics related to soft tissue injuries, this is definitely a course to consider if you want to ultimately improve clients' outcomes
Well presented, inclusive of the latest research eg classification, and management to sporting, rehabilitation, and clinical settings
A world class presentation with high-quality research easily applied to musculoskeletal rehabilitation settings. Highly recommended for all treating practitioners looking to further their knowledge.
Really nice presentation of the fundamentals needed for rehab.
Amazing content delivered, appreciative of the modules. If anything to improve on maybe a skip 10s forward/back system would be efficient or uploading the slides on a separate document (similar to university lecture slides formats).
Very well presented course with a thorough review of the literature to support best practice recommendations. Provided useful examples, and tasks throughout ensured a solid grasp of the information provided. An ideal option for upskilling and gaining CPD points whilst in lockdown.
Good to review pathophys of this category. The course was particularly helpful when going into specifics of periodising exercise interventions and quantifying load management for an effective rehabilitation and safe return to sport.
Great Course!! Very valuable information that I can use straight away in my current work with endurance based athletes. I found the pathophysiology explanation and practical management strategies particularly helpful. Great value across the 4 course package. Excited to see if they release any other courses in the future!
As a new grad, this course was the perfect way to further develop my knowledge. I found the optimal loading strategies & treatment examples for each of the pathologies extremely valuable.
The deep dive into the pathophysiology of tendinopathies and stages of loading principles has changed the way I treat! Highly recommend for EP's of all experience levels!
This package includes access to our easy to use Online Learning Platform “SSEP Presents” and 16CPD points upon completion.
We hope your enjoy the SSEP Presents Online Series and we look forward to you joining us again in the future.